What is a Device Mapping?
The Device Mapping is the assignment of a particular Device ID for a particular Activity, to a desired Athlete. This allows for the correct session data to associate to the correct Athlete.
E.g Athlete 'John Smith' wore Device 12345 for an Activity, so the Device Mapping of 12345 will be applied to him.
How to Assign/Map a Device to an Athlete:
- From the OpenField Console Tile Screen, select 'Start' to bring up the Activity Timeline
- Select 'Settings'
- Click the 'Mappings' tab from the Settings menu.
- Select the desired Team(s) you wish to map for
- Under 'Current Device', type in the Device ID of the Device you wish to assign to each athlete and press Enter. NOTE: Device ID's can be found on the back of each Device
- To reassign a device to a different athlete, first open the activity you wish to change mappings for, or change the mappings for 'new activities' (if no Activity is open). Type in the desired mapping to the appropriate athlete. If an athlete is already assigned to this device, the change will be made automatically.
- Changing the Device Mappings for an existing activity will only affect that activity (unless you are changing the mappings for the most recent activity. In this case, this will affect default mappings for new activities).
Occasionally, a Reprocess/Rebake of the session is required for the change in mapping to apply to the activity data. See Baking Activities for more information
- Changing the Device Mappings for the most recent activity, or the Mapping list with no activities open in the Activity Timeline ('Device mappings applied to new activities') will change the mappings for that activity and any activity created in the future.
- If changing Device Mappings between athletes with different band settings, the Device must be plugged in to the PC, with the console open and after Device Mapping reassignment to apply band settings to the Device for the new athlete.