What is Rotating/Interchanging?
Rotating/Interchanging in OpenField is a means of excluding an Athlete's data for a desired portion of time. This is usually done during matches where players are interchanging or substituting on and off the Field.
The excluded data in the 'Rotated off'/'Benched' time period does not affect data averages and totals displayed.
How to Rotate/Interchange Players during a Live Session:
- In the console during a live session, select the Individual Athlete Boxes you want to Interchange from the PIP Box. An active athlete box is selected when the athlete has an underscore.
- From the PIP box, click ‘Interchange’.This will switch an athlete to a 'Rotated off'/'Benched' status if currently 'Rotated on', or switch an athlete to a 'Rotated On' status if currently 'Rotated off'/'Benched'.
- To alternate the current Rotation Status for an Athlete, select the Individual Athlete Boxes and click ‘Interchange’ again.
- In the console, during a live session. Press F2 on your keyboard and enter the jersey number of the athlete you want to Interchange.
- Press Enter to alternate the Rotation status for the selected athlete(s).
How to Rotate/Interchange Post Session:
- In the console with an activity open, select all Active Athlete boxes that you want to graph and interchange. An active athlete box is selected when the athlete has an underscore.
- Right click any of the selected Active Athlete Boxes and select ‘Graph’ from the menu.
- In the activity timeline area, navigate to the end of the velocity trace of the graph. The athletes name, number and the velocity trace should appear.
- Right click on the athlete’s name at the end of the velocity trace.
- Select ‘Graph Rotations’. NOTE: ‘Graph Rotations’ is selected when a check-mark appears beside the parameter name.
- Periods of time where the Athlete is 'Rotated on' are highlighted by Green Areas. If no Green Area appears, the Athlete is 'Rotated off'/'Benched' during this time period
- On the graph, hold ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Shift’ on the keyboard and click and drag over the section/period of time of the activity you would like to Rotate off/Bench the athlete. This excludes this data from appearing in Console Widgets etc.
- To 'Rotate on' an athlete, hold down ‘Ctrl’ and click and drag over the section they are currently 'Rotated off'/Benched. Note you cannot have overlapping rotations. Sometimes it is easier to clear the entire rotation to avoid having a small period of time where the Athlete is Rotated off/Benched
Set up a visual display of Rotation status from the PIP
- In the console, right click the title ‘PIP’ in the PIP Box
- Select Settings
- Navigate to ‘Highlight Colors’ and select colours for ‘On Field Highlights’ and ‘Off Field Highlights’.