Connecting to the Anchor Overview:
A connection to the Master Anchor is necessary for Data to be received Live for an Inertial Only or Full ClearSky T6 Setup.
The connection to the Master Anchor is established over an Ethernet Connection, into the Computer running OpenField.
Some information such as the IP Address required to connect to your specific Master Anchor will be provided by your Catapult Support representative.
How to Connect to the Anchor (Non-Stadium Mode):
- Ethernet Cord (x2 if PoE Injector is to be used, depending on PoE Injector in use)
- USB/Ethernet Adaptor
(If a USB/Ethernet Adaptor is not used the IP address will need to be reconfigured for the PC's Ethernet port if required for other applications, such as internet connection)
- Master Anchor
- PoE Injector (if Anchor requires charge whilst in use)
- Power the Anchor by connecting the Anchor via a PoE Injector or by pressing in the Power Button. See Charging the Anchor for more information.
- Connect an Ethernet cord to the Ethernet port on the Anchor.
If a PoE injector is in use connect this cord to the 'Power + Data Out' Ethernet Port of the Injector.
- Connect the USB/Ethernet Adaptor to the other end of the Ethernet cord.
If a PoE injector is in use connect the USB/Ethernet Adaptor to an additional Ethernet Cord, and connect this to the 'Data/LAN In' Ethernet Port of the Injector.
- Connect the USB/Ethernet Adaptor to the PC.
If the USB/Ethernet Adaptor has yet to be configured for your Master Anchor and your PC, follow the below steps:
- Open Network and Internet Settings by right clicking on the Wi-Fi or LAN symbol in the Windows taskbar.
- Select Change Adapter Options
- Identify the USB/Ethernet Adaptor connection (Can be identified by brand of Adaptor, and will be an 'Ethernet' connection).
If the connection can't be found ensure Anchor is powered and USB/Ethernet Adaptor is functional (Adaptor LEDs on/flashing, Ensure Adaptor Drivers are installed).
- Right click on the Ethernet connection found in Step 7. Select Properties, then double click on 'Internet Protocol Version 4'.
- Set a static IP for the USB/Ethernet Adaptor as appropriate to the Master Anchor by selecting 'Use the following IP address'.
- Set the IP address as appropriate and select 'OK'. NOTE: The specific static IP Address required to be set per Master Anchor will be provided to you by Catapult Support Staff.
- You will be prompted with a 'Please add a subnet mask' error. Click OK and this will automatically set a subnet mask. This does not require changing.
- Select 'OK' from the Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties menu to apply the changes made to the IP address.
How to Connect to the Anchor (Stadium Mode):
Please follow steps in the Guide Stadium Mode.