Why move OpenField's Data Files & Assets?
OpenField's Data Assets (.OFD and .Raw files), can be quite large in size.
A 90 minute Activity (90 minutes of data recorded on a Device) consisting of 25 Athletes can create Data Assets of approximately a combined 1GB of size.
If Live Data was also recorded, or 100Hz Processing has been performed, the Live and/or 100Hz OpenField Data Files will also take up additional Disk Space.
Occasionally it is required to move data to a different Drive on the PC, or an External Hard Drive, in order to continue collecting data on the Default Data path set up for the Account.
You will need to use OpenField's Data Manager to move Data Assets in order for the data to load when an Activity is opened in the Console. If files are manually moved, no data will appear when the associated Activity is opened.
Please note OpenField will not function if there is no/critically low Disk Space remaining in the Drive where your 'My Documents' are located.
How to move OpenField Data Files & Assets:
- Navigate to the OpenField Data Manager
See How to Access the Data Manager for more information.
- Select the 'by location' tab to open up a list of existing Data Paths
- If this is the first time Moving Data, or you need to Add a New Data Path to move data to, follow the steps in Adding a New Data Path for more information.
- In the 'Move Data' selection, select the desired Date Range of the Data Assets you wish to Move
- Select the Source Location (The Location/Path where the Data Assets are currently located and pathed on your PC), and the Target Location (The Location/Path that you wish to move the Data Assets to).
For example the Source Location is likely the Default Data Path for your OpenField Data Assets (My Documents/Catapult Sports...), and the Target Location is the Data Path you have added previously (Step 3).
- A summary of the amount of Data to be moved will be displayed in 'Details'. Check this to confirm the expected amount of data is to be moved. If any files are unresolved/missing in the Source Location, they will need to be Resolved first in order to be moved.
See Resolving Missing Data Files & Assets for more information.
- Hit 'Start', then 'OK' when prompted.
- Wait for the Data Management process to complete, then hit 'OK'