What is Data Injection?
The data injection feature allows data to be manually 'injected' into selected Periods within an Activity. Data may require manually injecting into Periods if data was missed for a certain Period, for specific Athletes.
Manually injected data for Periods can be entered directly per specific parameter, or can be calculated based on a Period duration that pulls the average data from Periods in past Activities.
How to Inject Data:
- Navigate to the OpenField cloud and open an existing Activity that has the Athletes PIP'd into the Activity that you want to inject data for.
- Within this Activity, create a new widget and render it as an 'Injection Source' widget.
- From the Parameters tab select the Parameters that you want to inject data into. Please see our guide Cloud Widgets for more information on selecting Parameters.
- From the newly created injection source widget, click on any Athlete's name whose data you do not want to modify. After selecting the athlete's name, right click and select Delete row(s). NOTE: To delete multiple athletes at once, click and drag over multiple athletes, right click any athlete and select Delete Row(s).
- Modify the Total Duration in the Total Duration column for each athlete to automatically alter the data for the selected Parameters. The data that is automatically pulled for the selected parameters is pulled from all past Activities by default. NOTE: To filter which Activities this data is pulled from, apply a filter to the widget.
- Modify the data for each Parameter directly by typing the value into the cell that corresponds with the respective Athlete and Parameter.
- Lock the widget to this Activity by selecting the key lock in the widget header. Ensure the key is locked beside Activity.
- Navigate to the Activity you want to inject data into via the Activities Menu.
- Right click the Period Timeline for the Period that you want to inject the data into.
- Select 'Inject data to period'.
- Select the title of the Injection source widget from the drop down menu.
- The manually generated data will now appear alongside all collected data and will be highlighted yellow.