What is Re-downloading Sessions, compared to Reprocessing?
Re-downloading Raw Files/Sessions repeats the download process of transferring the Raw file from the Device, onto the OpenField Software.
This differs from Reprocessing a raw file, whereby the Raw is already located in the software, and algorithms and data collection processes are performed on the session file.
Re-downloading Raw files/Sessions is occasionally helpful when troubleshooting data corruption issues.
How to Re-download sessions from a device:
- Navigate to the Data Transfer Screen by selecting the 'Start' tile in the OpenField Tile Screen, then 'Settings' in the top left corner, then 'Transfer'
- Select the check box 'Show All' to view previous Raw Files/Sessions
- Plug in and connect the Device(s) with sessions with session(s) that you wish to re download. Sessions that can be re downloaded will be indicated with a Tick in the far right check box under 'Can Re Download'
Note if the session/Raw File no longer exists on the device (e.g if the Device was erased) it cannot be re-downloaded.
- Highlight and Right click the desired sessions and select 'Re-download x files'
- The Files will now download again, and then process as normal