Heart rate is a really important marker when you want to understand the physiological internal response to the external load. There is a lot that goes into an athlete’s well-being that is not always measurable objectively - eg. family relationships, lack of sleep, stress etc. Capturing that psychological stress through a physiological response enhances your understanding of each athlete. If Catapult is the car dashboard showing speed and distance, heart rate data is showing whether the car is overheating or low on fuel.
Articles in this section
- Why does Catapult place such a large focus on research and independent validation?
- What does Catapult do with client data?
- What is inside Catapult’s wearable technology?
- What is the difference between GPS and GNSS?
- How is PlayerLoad measured?
- How safe is Catapult data from a security standpoint?
- What do the inertial sensors inside the device measure?
- What is the difference between a Global Positioning System (GPS) and a Local Positioning System (LPS)?
- What is XOS Digital?
- What is PlayerTek?